Have a small suggestion? Post it here!

Since this is a new site I bet many people have a lot of suggestion. So to prevent 'spamming' this section with threads, we could post all these 'small' suggestions here.

like 'being able to set an image as your signature'
    profile customization
    more/others emoticons
    etc. etc.

Suggestions:

1: No images to be allowed in sig.

alternatively

2: If there must be a sig it should not be larger than 500 x 150. Or something like that. It's annoying when signature takes more space than the post. >_>

3: No gif in ava or sigs or at least not fast ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Avani View Post
    Suggestions:

alternatively

2: If there must be a sig it should not be larger than 500 x 150. Or something like that. It's annoying when signature takes more space than the post. >_>

Alternatively,

3840 x 2160 image sigs for everyone!
                   ▲
      |\   ▼`\  _  | |
      |  \   `\    `ヽ丿
      \   >  /  ● _●ヽ
      く  /  /:::. ○ ーー' (ノ
       \\ / ̄  ‐‐ッ z-ヽ
       < < /:::.. ヽ__,ノ  ヽ__ノ
          `( ̄  ヽ    /`ヽ
          ヽ _ ノ---<_丿
           `wv'    

Quote Originally Posted by Avani View Post
    Suggestions:

alternatively

Why no gifs ,can you eleborate ?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryosuke View Post
    Why no gifs ,can you eleborate ?
    It's probably not because it's a gif. I believe it's because of the size of gifs in terms of bandwidth. It will make the site slower to browse for people that have lets say mobile internet or any other slow connection, and often (most of the times) those are limited to a certain amount of data transfer per month. Might just be so that the person don't want to spend the monthly data on loading other peoples gif avatars and signatures.

Quote Originally Posted by Zise View Post
    It's probably not because it's a gif. I believe it's because of the size of gifs in terms of bandwidth. It will make the site slower to browse for people that have lets say mobile internet or any other slow connection, and often (most of the times) those are limited to a certain amount of data transfer per month. Might just be so that the person don't want to spend the monthly data on loading other peoples gif avatars and signatures.
    What about simply images Zise? Like limited size, 500x120 for example?

Quote Originally Posted by Zise View Post
    This^. Plus many people use too fast Gifs that are really distracting and give viewers a headache and if the net is slower for some reason they don't even load properly.

Personally I have always dealt with such problem by turning of sigs/ava for the whole forum when facing it. But I really like to browse the ones where I don't have to do that and signature are not that huge to hinder me from reading the actual posts. Scrolling on and on to find something worth reading makes it too much of an effort at times.
    Last edited by Avani; 10-22-2014 at 03:15 PM.

Bigger avatars? Small shat room?
    Destroy worlds..............Create worlds